Individualized Rejuvenation and Longevity Programs
Dr. Allen practices an individualized, integrative approach to treating age-related degenerative processes in the body. His goal as an anti-aging doctor is to identify these conditions in their earliest stages and prevent them from ever taking hold.
The relatively new and rapidly-developing field of anti-aging medicine holds that the vast majority of adult illnesses are due to these degenerative processes which accompany what is thought to be the “normal” aging process. Some of the most common conditions that begin to afflict those in mid-life and beyond are:
- Cardiovascular illnesses
- Many forms of cancer
- Alzheimer’s disease and age-related dementia
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Autoimmune diseases
- Glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration
As an anti-aging physician, Dr. Allen’s goal is to ideally prevent these serious illnesses from ever developing. In many cases, though, even if disease is already present the downward trajectory can be reversed, and the patient restored to health through the targeted use of anti-aging strategies.
One of the major causes of aging is the degeneration of our cells. This is a very complicated process which occurs over a long period of time; simply put, one of the reasons we age is because our cells become damaged and lose the ability to repair themselves.
There are many contributing factors to this state of demise, including the following:
- Free radicals and oxidative stress
- Absorption and retention of toxic elements from the environment
- Changes in acid-base balance
- Too little, or too much in the way of nutrients
- Hormonal imbalances
- Fluid imbalances
Seeking to decrease the effects of (or even eliminate) many of the above degenerative factors, Dr. Allen will tailor an individualized program for you and your unique needs. It will include one or more of the following, depending on your health status and unique needs:
- Hormone replacement therapy targeting several key hormones
- Optimization of nutritional intake, including supplementation with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Lifestyle adjustments including exercise and stress reduction
- Cutting-edge laboratory testing, including genetic testing, to potentially detect developing health issues before they begin to present problems
- Detoxification regimens to remove stored toxins from the body
The exciting, cutting-edge field of anti-aging medicine is exploding at a very opportune time, as the “baby boomers” continue to age and are developing the chronic, degenerative illnesses of aging.
Anti-aging physicians believe that even though none of us will escape our mortality, it need not be a foregone conclusion that our aging process will inevitably mean loss of vitality, development of disabling chronic disease, and a long, drawn-out, pain-filled process of dying.
Dr. Allen’s ultimate goal is to assist his patients in finding the optimal path to a long, healthy, vital and fulfilling existence, where illness and decline occupy only a short period at the very end of life.